We have great relationships with a number of other volunteer groups and charities here in Dubai, in particular we are regularly supported by members of Volunteers in Dubai. In addition to donating some of the money we raise to the CCJA Charities, the Community Outreach Group is able to support a wide number of local and international charities and other organisations with both financial support as well as gifts of clothes and other items that we receive.
At the moment the organisations we support include:
- Emirates Arthritis Foundation
- The Mission to Seafarers – Angel Appeal
- Adopt a labour camp ~ A local appeal that provides help to labourers working in the UAE
- Karama Kanteen ~ supporting homeless men in Dubai
- City of Hope ~ an NGO supporting homeless or abused women and children (watch this)
- Eye Hospital at Christ Church Aden in Yemen
- Thrift Shop at Holy Trinity Church, Dubai ~ we donate items for sale from things we receive
- SENSES ~ a centre for children with disability, located in Dubai
- Harmony House ~ helping women and children in the slums of Delhi
- Children of the mountain ~ charity that builds schools Nepal
- The Pakistan Relief Agency ~ to support victims of the recent flood
We also support some orphanages in Kenya, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Thailand and Morocco.
Whether it’s just sorting sale items for a few hours, helping out on Sales Days, or getting more deeply involved with some of the COG projects, you will meet some great new friends, make a real difference to many people who need help, and have a lot of fun – so