The committee usually meets every 6-8 weeks; eats together, prays together, talks (a lot) with the aim of helping the Chaplain by providing support in a number of areas, including:
- mission strategy;
- approaches to issues of mission and pastoral concern, including children’s work, wedding ministry, the prayer chain, etc;
- development and discipling of the congregation, through home groups, Bible study, events, etc.;
- relationships with the other churches on the Jebel Ali church compound;
- involvement of the congregation in the work and mission of the church;
- use of the church and maintenance and improvement of the premises;
- congregation sponsored charities and fundraising;
- development of the church services.
This committee is called ‘Christ Church Local Church Committee’ (CCLCC) because we are part of the larger Chaplaincy of Dubai and Sharjah and the Northern Emirates, and we don’t want it to be confused with the ‘Chaplaincy Council’ which is a different thing all together. Each church in the chaplaincy has it’s own LCC.